Anyone who has ever gone to a cookie swap knows that how you wrap your cookies is just as important as the cookies themselves! And just as stress inducing!
To inspire you, here are a few creative ways to wrap your edible gifts this holiday season and a giveaway…
1. Instead of using a plate or a platter, try using a pretty candle holder or tray, like this wooden one. Once the treats are all gone, it doubles as a gift. Just wrap with clear cellophane, tie with ribbon, and attach a card.
2. Check this article out to see what you can do with an old Pringle can!
3. For smaller, more delicate cookies and treats, try a small jewelry box like this one I found at World Market for just $4.99.
4. When gifting to someone you know likes to cook, how about a bamboo steamer or a nice casserole or serving dish?
5. Don’t forget to check out the cake and candy decorating section at your local craft store for a large variety of gift bags and boxes, ready to decorate.
6. Wedding party favor boxes are perfect for the holiday season! They come in just about every shape, size, and color you can imagine. These little green ones make the perfect little party favors at your holiday dinner party or open house. Just add a little bit of ribbon et voila!
7. You can even buy clear “paint cans” from the craft stores which you can adorn any which way you like. For a tutorial and creative ideas for every occasion under the sun check out Splitcoaststampers. (I could spend DAYS ogling that site!)
8. When all else fails, cheat! Michael’s has a HUGE line of ready-made products for all your holiday baked gifts. Sacks, boxes, you name it. The Martha Stewart line comes in kits with everything you need, including matching ribbon, tissue paper and gift tags.
To get you started, I’m giving away a Michael’s gift card.
One lucky winner will receive a $25.00 gift card to Michael’s to help with all your cookie wrapping needs!
How to Enter
Leave some comments….there are lots of ways you can do this. You have until Friday, December 9th, 12 midnight EST to enter this giveaway. One winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. You can leave one comment (entry) or many comments (entries). The choice is yours. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
1. Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
2. Follow @Threelilpiglets on Twitter
3. Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@Threelilpiglets). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: I want to win a Michael’s Gift Card from @Threelilpiglets http://www.thethreelittlepiglets.com/2011/12/wrapping-ideas-for-your-holiday-baked-goods/
4. Share this giveaway in any other creative way you can think up & let me know.
*Be sure to stay in touch with The Three Little Piglets on Facebook too.